Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Progress....we're actually making progress!!!

This week my dear sweet hubby has taken off in order for us to purge the house and get it to a point where it isn't overstuffed and embarrassingly messy. So far we've cleaned out underneath the kids' bathroom sink, cleaned out and organized the linen closet and cleaned out and organized our closet, bathroom and bedroom. I don't think my bedroom has ever looked so nice. Now I just have to paint it and put up some nice matching window treatments and it will be perfect.

Today we started on the loft and made some surprising progress even though we only worked on it for about an hour (after we finally finished our bedroom). Tomorrow we are going to tackle it head on and get that puppy whipped into shape once and for all. Much to the kids' dismay we are seriously cutting down on the amount of toys we have. They don't play with all of them and we just don't have the room for them to keep them all and have space to play.

It has been pretty much working on cleaning and organizing, two of my least favorite activities but I think that it has been one of the most enjoyable weeks I've had so far. Mainly because I get to do it all with my ever so handsome dear sweet hubby!!!!

1 comment:

dede said...

great way to spend time together - it will feel so good when it is all done! After looking for something in my boys room last night, I realize that I need to do much of the same!