Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cheap or expensive, it doesn't matter...

....they all fall apart about the same time anyway. And it doesn't matter how much or how little I wear them, they fall apart just as quickly.

Just what am I talking about? Slippers!

I've bought the cheap, or should I say inexpensive, ones from Target and the more expensive ones from Kohls (granted those were on clearance, but the original price was expensive in my book) and they've both fallen apart before a year was over.

So where the heck are you supposed to go to buy slippers that might actually last you longer than a year???

I'm too chicken to buy any from the likes of L.L. Bean or Eddie Bauer as I'm just sure that I'll plop down some good money for those and they'll fall apart in less than a year as well.

I dunno, maybe I'm just too hard on my slippers but since I don't like to wear shoes in the house and you can't wear just socks in the winter here, I wear them a lot.

Who knows maybe I'm supposed to end up being that one family member that always has slippers on their Christmas list. I remember my mom always had a nightgown on her list. Of course that could be because that was probably the only thing she could use that my biological dad would actually buy her......

3 comments:

McMom said...

So true! I have resorted to slipper socks. I just get a couple of pairs, since one is usually in the washing machine, and they have been holding up pretty well. But you're right, they never last long enough.

Anonymous said...

Julie, I have a pair of Ugg slippers and love them! They are a bit pricey, but they are tough and look like they did the day I bought them. Good luck on your quest!
Amy Jo

Lindsay said...

Julie, I have a pair of slipper socks (they are called Acorn slippers) from Hearth & Plow. You can get them in wool or cotton, they wash in the machine and seem to last long. I also buy the Dearfoams from Wal-Mart as my stand by/run out to get the paper slippers because they have the rubber soles.