Saturday, June 5, 2010

All by myself.....

...don't wanna be
all by myself....

....well okay actually I do enjoy being all by myself nowadays. There's so much going on in a house with three children that sometimes it's oh so nice to be the only one around.

Right now for instance the firefighter behind us is having a bar-be-que that he has invited some neighbors to. Big Daddy is working and the kids didn't notice the party till right before I made dinner, so now of course they want to be where the action is. Me? I'm not in the social mood right now. I'm not feeling 100% at the moment and don't necessarily want to be around others. Don't worry it's nothing serious, just having intestinal issues that don't make me good company, lol. So I made dinner alone, ate dinner alone and am now changing things on my blog. I thought about posting but wondered what it would be titled and then I came up with "All by myself...." which promptly caused the song by Eric Carmen to pop into my head. So I added it to my play list, it's the last one in case you go looking for it.

But even when I am feeling 100% I do enjoy being all by myself. In fact some nights I'm excited that Big Daddy goes to bed before me. The solitude does a person's soul good I think. I get to do what I want to do and when you are a wife and mother of three that is a rare thing. During the day it's usually what the kids want to do and at night when Big Daddy and I watch TV together we have to agree on what to watch, so a compromise on one of our parts usually has to occur. But when I'm all by myself I don't have to compromise or allow others to have their way for fear they'll pitch a fit.

So right now I'm quite content being......*sing with me*....All by myself.....

1 comment:

Allie and Pattie said...

SO with you. Haven't been up to par myself lately and some "alone" time would be a blessing. Feel better soon dear friend
xoxo Pattie