Sunday, June 6, 2010

Enjoyment or torture? Too close to call.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new background (a beach scene in case I get too restless and decide to change it before you might be reading this), but I'm now wondering if it will be an enjoyment for me or just plain torture since I am no where near a real beach, you know the one that has an ocean and not some lake as it's source of water.

You see I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach. I used to live only 45 minutes away from it and did not take advantage of it while I lived there. And now that I'm firmly in the middle, or close to the middle, of the continent and no where near a beach, (you remember a real beach, not some lake beach), oh how I miss being able to pack up and head to a beach. Oh I miss it so very badly.

So promise me this, if you live near a beach, like say an hours drive away, please go visit it for me. Put your toes in the sand and close your eyes while you listen to the sound of the crashing waves. Because if I could that's exactly what I'd like to be doing right now.....*sigh*

POST NOTE: Please know that Blogger has since changed their blog design set up which made it impossible for me to have the beach background. As now it is impossible to use any design other than theirs and even though they do have a beach background when you use it you only see the sky and none of the beach....*UGH*

2 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Funny, I've been thinking the same thing Julie- the beach is 3 hours from here
xoxo Pattie

Bee said...

I'm about 2 hours, more or less. Not a bad day trip. I'll go for both of you. Only I hate going to Myrtle Beach in the summer. Too many tourists. Maybe I'll trek up to Belle Isle or somewhere like that!