Friday, June 11, 2010

I hate pigeons, yes I do, I hate pigeons, how 'bout you?

For some reason we have had pigeons all over the neighborhood this year and they are noisy little buggers. The "coo" all day long, scratch that, they "coo" all the time!!! Day or night. With the a/c on the fritz we've been sleeping with our window open and at night when you are trying to sleep you can hear them and it's really annoying.

Earlier I was out trimming some stubborn grass that has grown between the fence boards and the wire that is attached to the fence boards and I accidentally hit the wire and it kind of sounded like a shot, well the pigeon coo-ing away near me flew off. Maybe it thought it was being shot at. It got me into the plan of hitting the fence each time they got on my nerves, it worked for a while and they flew to a house top far enough away that I could still hear them but the hitting the fence didn't scare them off anymore. *UGH*

Of course my dislike for pigeons is not a new thing. I've hated them since college. I took a summer course on behavioral psychology, okay at least I think that was the name of it as it had to do with behaviors and it was part of my psych major classes. Anyway, my lab partner and I had a pigeon we had to deal with. For the life of me I can't remember what we did with those blasted pigeons but I do remember trying to get it into it's stinkin', and I do mean stinkin', cage and scratching the whole inside of my forearm. From elbow to wrist I was scratched from the wire of the cage! NOT FUN!!! I must have disinfected that wound well as I have no scar from it, other than an eternal dislike for pigeons!!! In a way I guess that class had a longer lasting affect on me than the professor probably anticipated. And something tells me she would have a really good laugh if she were to hear about it today!

3 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Pigeons?? Okay, that's a new one on me. We're just doing battle with the blasted deer (rodents with long legs!!) that are decimating my yard. So, if I send the deer there, will they chase away your pigeons??
xoxo Pattie

Toni said...

I had no idea pigeons were a common bird in FC neighborhoods! Sorry you have to suffer! Have you ever had to deal with a woodpecker?Not fun!

Danelle said...

That's so weird! I've seen them all over the place too. Especially in Old Town, and I don't ever remember seeing them around here.