Sunday, June 27, 2010

That's it.....I've hit the wall

And summer vacation can end right now and I wouldn't shed a tear! I've finally reached that place where I can no longer take having three kids home all day every day!!

What floors me is how people with numerous children, more than my three, insist on home schooling their kids!?!?!?!?!? What is the motivation to be constantly surrounded by your offspring??? Do they beat their children into submission so that the kids are absolutely terrified to act out or fight with their siblings??? Or are the parents so intoxicated or stoned that they don't care if they never have a moments peace??? I mean I find it very hard to believe that their children are just angels naturally and NEVER fight with the other children in their family.

*sigh*

Big Daddy has been saying how I have to watch over our children while they clean their rooms in order to make sure they do it right, as I found numerous items under their beds and on their beds when they were told to clean up the floor so the carpet could be vacuumed. Now how am I supposed to do laundry and clean the kitchen while watching them clean??? And at 5, 7, & 9 shouldn't they be able to do a simple task like cleaning their bedroom floors without having Mommy stand over them and point out every little thing that is out of place?????

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh*

Okay, okay, I need to stop venting now so I can lurch over them while they clean up their toys in the loft, as now it needs to be vacuumed........how many days till school starts???????????????

2 comments:

Bee said...

Bless your heart! I only had one and once, when I must have been hit upon the head with a blunt object, considered home schooling. Anna quickly vetoed the idea. Seems she had no desire to be around me 24/7 either.

Just keep reminding yourself that this is just a brief interlude in the life of a mother. And do like every good mother I know. Wish for them that they have one that will do them exactly as they have done you!

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh Jules- I am SO with you. I told Allie to clean her closet today and found her trying on EVERY article of clothing she owns- do you think even ONE piece made it back to the closet?? Grrrrr.....
xoxo Pattie