Friday, August 6, 2010

I know I'm slow but.....

.....it's just now dawned on me that after about 4 months of taking a new anti-depressant that maybe just maybe my lack of concern over the house being a total disaster and the kids getting away with murder most of the summer and I still take them to do fun things.......maybe the new anti-depressant isn't working.....

It must not be working as I could care less about doing the things that need to be done....."What's that dear? Oh you're out of work shirts again? Okay I guess I finally tackle that mountain of laundry, if I have to."

Think Monday morning I'll have to call my doctor and try to find another one to take that has a generic because while I do want to take something to make myself a better person I don't want to spend a fortune on it. ;)

2 comments:

Toni said...

Oh, Julie! Life is hard enough but if you're not feeling good, shucks! I hope you and your doctor find something that works. I hate when I'm not feeling good about myself and become unmotivated. Kids home during the summer NEVER helps the situation. Hang in there and keep us posted! XXOO!

Danelle said...

A lot of anti-depressants make you feel like that. Not depressed, just sort of nonchalant, if you know what I mean? So the laundry doesn't get done, but you don't really feel too bad about it either. I say it's worth trying something else though. My brother is a pharmacist and he says sometimes the old school stuff that's been around forever (like Prozac, in this case) is worth trying. The reason it's been around forever is because it has worked for lots of people. But seriously, doesn't everyone feel that way about laundry most of the time? Or do I need an anti-depressant too? :)