Sunday, December 5, 2010

On the fifth day of December my true love gave to me....

...presents to wrap.

Well not yet, we haven't done our Christmas shopping yet, but we will don't worry. I also have presents my mom bought when she was out here visiting in October and ones she's ordered online to wrap. So I guess it's a good thing I like wrapping presents.

You'd think after working for a Hallmark store for 5+ years that I would not be so keen on wrapping presents, but I am. I used to love it back then and I still love it. I even still have a cool little tool I got while working at the Hallmark store that not only curls the ribbon but also shreds it so that the packages looks way cooler than they did before.

And I am proud to announce that while I still love to wrap packages I am a recovering wrapping paper addict. Every year after Christmas I'd buy wrapping paper on clearance, even if I didn't need any. Then one year I had WAY too much and I realized that I had a problem and it had to stop. So now if I do go past the Christmas decorations after the holiday I try my very best to not even glance at the wrapping paper. Now I just buy it on an as needed basis. It's a big step. ;)

I was going to wrap some presents last Friday but I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I'll do it one day this week while the kids are at school. I usually do it on the weekend with my bedroom door locked but that always results in children banging on my door and trying to peek underneath. So this year since they are all in school all day, I'll turn on my beautiful, beloved Christmas music and set up camp in the loft to wrap my heart away.

Ah the little joys of the season......=)

2 comments:

Carin said...

i love your Christmas posts! :)

Danelle said...

Do you want to wrap my presents? I really don't like it at all, and I don't have a cool tool to curl the ribbon either.