Wednesday, December 1, 2010

On the first day of December my true love gave to me.....

....well nothing actually except some laundry and three messy kids to clean up after.

No seriously.....the real reason I'm posting is I decided to try to do a post each day about what I love about the holiday season. There are so many things that we should stop to enjoy and appreciate but not many do during this busy time of year.

So here's my attempt to remember the joy of the season......

The first thing I love about the Christmas season is the music! In case you haven't noticed I've changed the tunes on my blog and did so the day after Thanksgiving. I just love, Love, LOVE Christmas music!!! There's never any sad stories, well okay usually there isn't but there is that one song about the shoes the kid is trying to buy his mother, but I refuse to listen to that song as it is so dang depressing and if I want to get depressed I can just look at my bank balance or the ever growing pile of laundry. ;)

At Christmas time I want cheerful, full of hope music. And that's usually what I get. Okay, so again Whams "Last Christmas" isn't that happy but in all actuality it isn't even a Christmas song, so there! HA! Alright, I'm getting kind of cocky here. I'll shut up, close this post and go do some laundry while I listen to my beloved Christmas tunes turned up high!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Thanks for playing, please try again... said...

Very Cool Julie! I was just reading the part about changing the music and wondering "what Mus-" and it popped on! I love it...I will have to bookmark you....I am a bit of a Super Mommy blog addict.

Danelle said...

That depressing shoe song must be country music. Ha-ha!

Bee said...

Oh, Julie. I've never heard "Breath of Heaven" before! What a beautiful song!