Saturday, December 4, 2010

On the fourth day of December my true love gave to me....

....snowmen and lots of them!

If you've ever been to my house at Christmas time you know that I have a thing for snowmen. They tend to take over my house this time of year and I don't mind a bit.

I don't know where the obsession began, but I do know that suddenly I couldn't resist a snowman decoration when I would hit the after Christmas clearance sales. Then slowly people started giving me snowmen as well. Now I have around 75 maybe 100 snowmen.

Maybe I find them fascinating as I grew up in an area of California where snow is something you see on TV or in the movies, as we never had in in our yards. Sure we used to be really pathetic and try and pretend that the frost was snow, but that was when I was young and my imagination could make it really seem like snow instead of frozen mist.

But now I live in an area that can get snow, blizzards even, and the obsession still exists. There's just something about a snowman that brings a smile to your face. And yes I realize that a snowman can be made in January or February, but ever since the Christmas song "Frosty the Snowman" snowmen have been associated with Christmas.

So on this fourth day of December the next thing on my list of my favorite things about the Christmas season is snowmen, making them, decorating with them and just plain enjoying their cheerfulness.

No comments: