Thursday, December 2, 2010

On the second day of December my true love gave to me.....

....Okay, so really this series of postings isn't about what my true love gave to me, but I just like that title so I'm going with it. ;)

The second thing I love about the holiday season is how nice people seem to become. I say seem because most of them probably don't actually mean it but the fact that they went through the effort to say it shows that they maybe give a darn, even if it's a little bit.

And yes, there is some sadness to the fact that people feel compelled to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" but we do have to show some respect for our Jewish friends and neighbors. Actually I don't know if I have any Jewish neighbors but I do have Jewish friends and I'm of the mind set that their holiday is just as important as mine.

So the next time someone is nice enough to wish you "Happy Holidays" don't get offended, feel happy that they cared enough to say something pleasant and that they were aware enough to know that not everyone celebrates Christmas.

And even if you are having a really stinky day, try to be pleasant to others, as it is truly one of the best parts of this season!

No comments: