Tuesday, December 7, 2010

On the seventh day of December my true love gave to me....

...the joy of watching the wide-eyed wonder on my children's faces when they see the presents under the tree Christmas morning.

You have to understand that we don't put out Christmas gifts until the kids are asleep on Christmas eve. That way they don't have the temptation to open any before hand and since they are my kids I know that temptation will be there. ;)

Also DSH and I think that having the tree full of presents on Christmas morning helps to make Christmas morning that much more special. That amazement at how many presents are under the tree would wear off if we put the Christmas presents out too early.

Plus Little Man was having a hard enough time waiting for Christmas last night when he found out his daddy and I went shopping for presents, so why torture the poor boy more by putting the presents under the tree and then telling him he can't touch them?

So until my kids are older and can actually wait till Christmas day to open their presents, we will keep putting the presents out on Christmas eve. My kids are already growing up way too fast as it is, so I don't want to lose that look of wonder on their faces just yet. =)

1 comment:

Danelle said...

I'm a big peaker myself, so you can't put my presents out early either. Oh, and I love the picture in your blog header!