Monday, January 10, 2011

Good friends are to find

But oh so important to keep.

I have one friend M, who I will admit I was not all that keen on when I first met her, but oh how she has grown on me.

I think my fondness grew when I was first pregnant with Little Man. They weren't sure it was a viable pregnancy so I was to go in to have an ultrasound done. Well I didn't know anyone well enough to ask them to watch my girls so I was going to take them with me. A mutual friend of mine and M's found out and since M lives in my neighborhood, she called M and told her. Then M promptly called me to say that I was going to bring my girls over to her house to play with her girls so I didn't have to take them with me. Then when I returned to pick up the girls and told her that there was a viable egg in there she promptly gave me a big hug, and if I'm not mistaken teared up a bit.

Since then we've been good friends but I think today our friendship grew even more. My car battery died this morning. Thankfully my hubby was able to jump my battery for me, but it died again after I turned it off when I dropped my kids off at school. I called M to see if she was near by to give my battery a jump. She wasn't near by and was actually on her way to meet another friend for coffee, but she cancelled that and showed up to jump my car. She even brought me a mocha!!! Then we headed back to her house so her husband could put my car on a battery charger.

We visited till she had to leave to pick up her youngest from pre-school and the battery wasn't fully charged yet. So she dropped me off at home and just called me a few minutes ago to say the battery was all charged and I could come by to get it.

And all I can say is good friends like her are so hard to find, but oh so important to keep. Thanks M for helping me out this morning and please know that if I am able I will most certainly do the same for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Garbageman's Daughter said...

Great story. She is a rockin' good friend.