Monday, January 3, 2011

New year....new me???

I can't believe I'm about to type the next sentence......

In seven months I have my 20th high school reunion and it's time to whip this body into shape so no one feels the urge to ask when I'm due.

No seriously if I were to wear the right shirt/dress I'd seriously look like #4 was on it's way. I seem to carry a majority of my excess weight in my belly area. So now it's time to get into a healthy routine and actually use my treadmill for something other than a dust collector.

Of course I should have done this close to 5 years ago when Little Man was a baby, but who has time for exercise when you are a stay-at-home mom to three kids under 5? Of course I could have done it last year when the kids were 5,7 & 9. But I didn't.

But now that I have a deadline of when I want to have the excess weight gone I think I'll do much better. I seem to do better at stuff when I have a deadline. Like cleaning my house really good when I know I have out of town company coming.

Maybe it's my procrastinating nature, I don't know, but I sure seem to work better under pressure.

So here's hoping the pressure of seeing people I haven't seen in almost two decades will help whip my butt into shape, literally. ;)

No comments: