Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Guilty as charged

When it comes to things we hate to admit to other people I'm sure this one probably is low on the list for most people.  And I have to admit I'm not all that ashamed to admit it either.....so here goes.....

I listen to "grandma music" as my friend Suzi calls it.

We're talking Frank Sinatra.

Dean Martin.

Burt Bacharach.

Louis Armstrong.

Glenn Miller.

Tom Jones.

You know, the music our generations grandparents listened to.

I like it, I think it's classic.  Plus it's a definite change from today's music that can be somewhat grating sometimes.

Of course I like all kinds of music.  We're talking a range from Glenn Miller to Mozart to Metallica.  I just don't go for hard rap or hard core hip hop.  I prefer the rap and hip hop from the early 90's.  If I'm going to listen to that.

I have 26 Pandora stations and it all depends on what day it is and what mood I'm in as to what station I'm going to listen to. 

Wait scratch that, I have 25 stations and my husband has 1. ;)

Okay so we could eliminate the 4 Christmas stations I have as well as there is only one time of the year that is acceptable to listen to.

And I do gladly pay for the premium Pandora, so I don't have to listen to commercials.  A bonus any day of the year but more so with election season upon us.

So the next time you hear some easy listening, say "Walk On By" or "Delilah" just think of me rockin' out to it, because I rock out to every thing, even easy listening. :)

No comments: